The BBQ season is here! The aroma of fresh grilled food is spreading throughout European gardens, parks and backyards.
Eating fresh corn on the cob gives you the daily recommended dietary fiber along with complex carbohydrates that are a great energy source.
Enjoy your BBQ with this healthy grilled Corn served with tomato salsa recipe.
- 2 corn on the cob *boiled*
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 1/4 chili
- 1 lime *Optional: lemon*
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped basil
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
(You may need 2 extra pans)
- Peel and finely dice the garlic and onion
- Clean and chop the tomatoes
- Clean and finely dice the chili
- Cut the lime in half (set it aside for the moment)
- Slightly heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, add the diced onions and garlic to the pan and cook for about 1 minute
- Add the tomatoes, stir well and cook for 10 minutes
- Brown your corn on the cob on the grill or you can use a pan: add the butter and the remaining olive oil into another pan and slowly brown the corn on all sides
- Add the coriander, the basil and the lime juice to the tomatoes mixture, stir well and season with some salt.
- Take the corn on the cob off of the grill or out of the pan, spoon the sauce over and serve.