Did you know that the simple sweet potato is packed full of healthy vitamins and minerals?
Here is a delicious recipe to get your daily recommended vitamins today.
Ingredients (serves four)
- 1 kg sweet potatoes
- 250 g Pimientos de Padrón (spanish pepper)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion or some spring onions
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 150 g cheddar (grated)
- salt, pepper and chili (if you like it very hot!)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Brush a flat casserole with some olive oil. Wash and brush the sweet potatoes and cut into approximately 1 cm thick slices. Spread the slices on the casserole, drizzle with a little olive oil and add some salt and pepper. Put the casserole into the pre-heated oven on the second backing rack from the top and bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash and dice the red pepper into fine pieces. Dice the onion. Wash and cut half of the pimientos into rings. Mix together the red pepper, onions, 3 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp vinegar and half of the grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper, add some chili if you like it very hot!
- Spread the topping mixture onto the baked sweet potato slices. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted on the middle oven rack. Spread the remaining pimientos on the serving plate, drizzle with a little olive oil place the sweet potatoes on top and serve.
Enjoy your meal!
When eating the “wrong food” the immune system produces specific IgG antibodies which can lead to inflammatory processes. The symptoms appear on a delayed basis, up to three days after the consumption of a trigger food, making it virtually impossible to identify a trigger food without testing.